What does wellness mean to you?
By definition, wellness is the state of being in good health, both mind and body, especially as an actively pursued goal. There are several dimensions of wellness including physical, emotional, social, spiritual, and intellectual. In order to be considered “well”, it is important to not neglect any of these areas.
Exercise and nutrition are the biggest components of physical wellness. At The Training Loft, we believe that practicing proper exercise and nutrition habits, in turn, helps improve our emotional wellbeing and overall health. But how do we get there?
First, create a habit. Just as Rome wasn’t built in a day, habits take time to form. Here are a few tips to get started:
- Make a grocery list. Include ingredients necessary to fill your refrigerator with healthy options.
- Meal prep. Put together a few meals ahead of your workweek and portion out 5 servings to eat for lunch each day. Easy options are grilled chicken and steamed broccoli or a protein-enriched soup like turkey chili.
- Start a food journal. Write down what you eat and what time you eat each day to hold yourself accountable.
- Drink more water! Water is so important for many reasons. It removes waste, helps the body absorb nutrients, and helps convert food into energy to name a few.
- Sleep well. Get 7-8 hours of sleep a night.
- Obtain an exercise plan. A plan will forge the path necessary to reach your goals.
- Stay consistent. Once you begin your exercise plan, it’s important to stay consistent in terms of how often you hit the gym. Aim to workout between 3-5 times a week.
Engaging in healthy habits is the first step toward creating a healthy life. According to research, it takes approximately 90 days to turn a habit into a lifestyle. With that being said, I challenge you to commit to 90 days of fitness at The Training Loft!
Those who enroll in the 90 Day Challenge will receive an unlimited bootcamp (small group training) membership valid for 90 days after their sign-up date. Enrollees are encouraged to attend as many bootcamp sessions as they can during those 90 days in order to create a lifestyle. Throughout the challenge, our trainers will keep track of attendance during each bootcamp session. At the conclusion of the challenge, the top three attendees will receive a special gift from The Training Loft.
The deadline to enroll in the 90 Day Challenge is February 22. There is special pricing for those who commit to the challenge for 90 days.
Let’s create healthy habits together; sign up now!